Welcome to our Website
Mimosa International Law Office specializes infamily law matters, especially divorce, child custody, wills and inheritance, and Hague Convention abduction cases.
We always strive to find a way to reach as amicable a solution as possible for international divorce, international inheritance, and Hague Convention cases.
Ms. Makiko Mizuuchi is registered on the lists of English-speaking attorneys at the Embassies of Australia, Canada, and the United States in Tokyo. She is also registered on the list of attorneys specializing in family law, divorce and custody issues at the Embassy of the United States.
Ms. Mizuuchi is a member of the Hague Convention Working Group of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA), and is registered for the JFBA Lawyer Referral Service regarding Hague Convention abduction cases.
Please feel free to contact us for assistance regarding the following kinds of legal matters in particular:
・Fair and equitable division of matrimonial property
・Effective legal representation by counsel in divorce proceedings in the Family Court to ensure a better, amicable solution
・Visitation or contact with children in Japan
・Representation by counsel in visitation conciliation proceedings in the Family Court
・Assistance with deceased estates (division of inherited property)
・Drafting and execution of wills
・Representation by counsel in petitions for the return of children under the Hague Convention at the Tokyo Family Court
We look forward to serving you in a relaxed atmosphere. Consultation by telephone and Skype is also available.
For more information, please click the button below.
Consultation Fee is 10,800 yen per hour.
※ A consultation session may be extended for another half an hour for an additional fee of 5,400 yen.
※ Consultation in English is available.
※ Consultation via skype, or by telephone is available. (We ask advance payment.)
※ Please contact us either by telephone, or, e-mail to make an appointment.
Our telephone number is 81＋(0)48-271-5085 and our office hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays.
Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dissolution of marriage (divorce), division of matrimonial property, child support, visitation rights, custody, and compensation
• Parent-child relationship cases, including acknowledgement of paternity
• Claims for apportionment of matrimonial expenses
• Hague Abduction Convention cases
• Other family law-related cases
Wills and Inheritance
• Division of deceased estates
• Drafting of wills
• Execution of wills
• Administration of deceased estates
• Civil litigation
• Compensation for traffic accidents
• Under arrest, or being detained
• After indictment
(Ms.) Makiko Mizuuchi
Graduated from Oin High School, Tokyo
Graduated from Hemet High School, California (as an exchange student)
Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the Faculty of Law, University of Tokyo
Holds a Master of Laws degree from the Graduate School of Law, Hitotsubashi University
Was admitted to the Bar in 2005
Member of the Family Law Committee of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
Member of the Hague Convention Working Group of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
Member of the International Human Rights Issues Committee of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
Member of the Abolition of Racial Discrimination Working Group of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
Member of the Committee for the Protection of Rights of Elderly and Handicapped People of the Saitama Bar Association
Member of the Foreigners’ Rights Committee of the Saitama Bar Association
Counsel in charge of various consultations at the Saitama Bar Association
Counsel in charge of women’s consultations in Saitama Prefecture (“With You Saitama”)
Counsel in charge of consultation for members of the Kawaguchi Chamber of Commerce
Mimosa International Law Office
303 Daini Masaki Building
Saitama Prefecture 332-0034
Mimosa International Law Office is located in Kawaguchi City, Saitama Prefecture (Greater Tokyo Area), approximately 30 minutes’ ride from Tokyo Station, and 4 minutes’ walk from Nishi-Kawaguchi Station on the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line.
Directions from Nishi-Kawaguchi Station
1. From the east exit, go straight along the street facing the station until you reach the second set of traffic lights.
2. You will see the building, the Daini (Second) Masaki Building on the right next to Daiichi (the First) Masaki Building at the corner. The Dohtonbori (Okonomiyaki) Restaurant, and the Kohikan Coffee Shop are on the first floor of Daiichi (the First) Masaki Building. The beauty salon is on the first floor of Daini (Second) Masaki Building.
3. Please enter the entrance of the Daini (Second) Masaki Building, and go up to the third floor of the building by the elevator. The room number of the office is "303".
Lawyers’ fees vary depending on the type of case, amount of time necessary to resolve the case, and degree of difficulty involved in handling the case.
We would explain and estimate the amount of your fee during the consultation.
We look forward to serving you at Mimosa International Law Office.
For more information on the fees, please click the button below.